Message to my mommy


blogmyspacedvd to ipod video convertertalkingphoto, dvd to psp convertertalkingphoto, dvd to zunetalking photo album

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My first encounter with dangerous food

I remember so clearly when these incidents happened. Mommy wouldn't let me into the kitchen. So I used to sit by the door and watch mom and dad eat or just talk at the table. And slowly, very very slowly I used to wriggle my way into the kitchen. Suddenly mommy would notice and chase me away. But later she gave up trying to chase me. I mean, how sadistic is it to keep a tiny pup like me out of the kitchen when there are the most heavenly of aromas coming from within? I love to put my paws up on the work area and see how mommy brings out these aromas. I used to be too tiny back then and my nose hardly reached the workarea when I tried standing on my hind legs. Now I am a big boy and i can sniff all the way across the work area.
Once I was sniffing around the kitchen when something on the floor caught my attention. I sniffed at it. Smelled good. It was thin, long and black. I simply had to taste it. And the minute I bit into it, horror of horrors, that thing stung my lil pink tongue so bad, i spat it out instantly. I hit it time and again with my paw and barked at it and gave it a piece of my doggy mind for trying to hurt a poor pup like me. Later mom laughs hysterically and tells dad that I bit the stem of a chilli. So that was what it was ! I never even look in the direction of a chilli anymore.
I hadn't learnt my lesson well enough. I simply had to have a bite of what mom or dad were eating. Mom was eating something round and green the other day. I put my paws on her lap and sniffed at it and gave her the oh so famous bambi eyes. she tossed that green thing to me. I didn't even sniff. I just bit into it. It was so sour that I again hit it and told it to stop harassing me. That was a sour grape. I totally empathise with that poor fox now ! I have grown extremely choosy and scared of my food now,  I don't eat it until and unless I sniff it a lot of times.
More of my puppy adventures coming up. Hang on !

2 comments:

  1. I'm lucky ~ I'm big enough to be able to look over the table & reach most things on it. The only thing I've taken that was bad was a lovely box that hid the puppies' wormer! I had to eat the box to get rid of the taste

    ReplyDelete